H3449: An Act requiring audiovisual recordings of certain police interrogations
Building on a Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decision, this legislation requires that custodial interrogations of suspects in the most serious crimes be filmed. With this video record, jurors will be better able to discern false confessions and prosecutors will have more conclusive evidence when there is an authentic confession.
- Studies Show theat Planting False Memories is Fairly Easy
- NPR: “New DOJ Policy Urges Agents To Videotape Interrogations”
- University of New South Wales Law Research Paper No. 2008-28 “Videotaping Police Interrogation”
- Michigan: Audiovisual Recording of Custodial Interrogations ~ Public Act 479 of 2012
- “Recording Interrogations” Act Passed by President Barack Obama during time in Illinois State Senate – SB0015