The MBTA released the redesign of its bus network to better reflect the travel needs of our communities and connects them in different ways to make a network that is better for current and future bus riders. For more information about the redesign project and how it will affect other cities and towns, visit Bus Network Redesign | Projects | MBTA
This project will affect numerous routes that operate in the Arlington, Belmont, and Cambridge neighborhoods. Below you can review that information:
- New Belmont Route 54 replaces parts of 67, 505, 554, 558 and extends to Green Line D at Riverside and does not serve downtown Boston; extends from Waverley to Arlington Center; new weekend service
- New 7-day Route 54 connects Arlington, Belmont, Waltham ,and Newton
- Route 90 extends to Clarendon Hill, Arlington, Everett Sq, Chelsea Station and replaces 88; Orange Line transfers maintained at Assembly instead of Sullivan; earlier morning, later evening service; more weekend and evening frequency
- Route 87 extends to Turkey Hill via Davis & Arlington Center to replace 67
- Route 80 changes to Route 95 extends to Arlington consistently rather than alternating trips; replaces part of 80, 94; extends to Wellington to replace part of 134; weekend frequency improves.
- New Sunday service on Broadway to Davis. New weekend service to Turkey Hill and Pleasant Street. New Sunday service on Route 62 and Park Ave to Alewife, Lexington, and Bedford.
- New Belmont Route 54 replaces parts of 67, 505, 554, 558 and extends to Green Line D at Riverside and does not serve downtown Boston; extends from Waverley to Belmont Center; new weekend service
- New 7-day Route 54 connects Arlington, Belmont, Waltham ,and Newton.
- 74 (Concord Ave Belmont) will be replaced to 75 Belmont – Harvard Route 75 same route and adding more late-night service to replace 74
- More Sunday service on Route 75.
- Bus Route 77 will change to T77 Arlington-Porter-Harvard Route T77 same route and adds more frequent service on Sunday.
- Bus Route 79 (Arlington-Red Line) will change to T77 Arlington-Porter-Harvard. Continues current condition; Route T77 provides connection to RedLine at Porter with more frequent Sunday service
- Bus Route 79 (Arlington-Alewife) changes to Route 350 Burlington-Arlington- Alewife. Continues current condition; Route 350 continues to serve Alewife and replaces 79
Five new high frequency connections:
•Central to Longwood Medical Area.
•Kendall Square to Lechmere and Somerville.
•Kendall Square to Watertown and Waltham.
•Porter to Medford and Malden.
•Harvard to Union Square and Everett.
More midday, evening, and weekend service throughout Cambridge–including North Massachusetts Avenue
These are some of the major changes, for more information about how the redesign will affect your community, you can click on your towns link below:
Arlington: BNRD Arlington (mbta.com)
Belmont: BNRD Belmont (mbta.com)
Cambridge: BNRD Cambridge (mbta.com)
Leave a Reply